As a result of holding top of many powerful passports all over the world, US citizens are allowed to enter 185 countries with a visa-free. Can US citizens enter all countries with visa-free? The answer is NO.
All of us know, entering any countries all requires you a visa, especially when living for a long period of time. Thanks to the powerful passport, US citizens can travel as short-term tourists to many countries such as Canada, Mexico and the European Union (EU) countries without needing a visa. However, for both short-term and long-term period of living in 5 countries, US citizens are required tourist visa.
How many countries that US citizens need to apply visa?
The US Embassy website tells that, Russia has a very strict and complicated visa system regarding foreign nationals entering the country. Not only must American citizens have a visa to enter the country, but if it expires before they leave, they may be stranded in the country for up to 20 days.
There are many nuances to obtaining a Russian visa, including needing a Russian sponsor, which could be a travel company, relative or friend, hotel or university. However, there are also places in Russia where Americans are not permitted to go. It is best to book travel through a known travel company that can grant sponsorship and help you navigate the visa system. The cost for Russian visas changes often as well, but as of July 20, 2019, it starts at $49 plus processing fees.
In fact, US citizens can enter Hong Kong without a visa, but if they plan to visit China’s mainland from US or from Hong Kong, they must apply for an entry visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.
We advise that visitors must apply approximately one month before their trip; they will not be issued a visa at the port of entry. Cost for a single entry visa is $140.
US. citizens need to hold proper documentation, including a visa, upon landing in Brazil if they don’t want authorities to deny their entry. If you are US citizens, you can apply for a visa at the Brazilian Embassy or on Brazil’s electronic visa website before leaving home.
There are many things that US citizens need to know upon entering Brazil:
- Filling out an immigration form that will be handed back to them by officials.
- You need this form to leave the country.
- If you lose immigration form, you could be detained by police and owe a fine. The cost for US citizens to obtain a visa to Brazil is $160.
A travel visa is required for any U.S. citizen traveling to India, this visas may stay up to six months from the day they enter. However, you must remember that requirements for an Indian visa will change frequently and often without notice, so the best way is checking the latest information from the Indian Embassy website before your trip.
Applying a six-month entry will take you $67.70, while a five-to-ten years multiple entry visa is $157.70.
Thanks to the beautiful landscapes, delicious food and hospitable locals, Vietnam has become one of the most popular Asian countries for US tourists. This country supplies US citizens more types of visa besides 1-month visa, such as 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.
There are 2 ways to apply for a Vietnam visa: Applying at Vietnam Embassy in the U.S. or applying for a Vietnam visa on Arrival.
For those who would like to avoid the perhaps lengthening visa procedures with their local Vietnam’s Embassies, the service of Vietnam Visa on arrival is available for help. It is legitimated and supported by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. We recommend that you choose visa upon arrival, as picking up visa at the Vietnam airport is quite simple, easy, no additional charges and no fail.
Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA) is a visa service on arrival, we will make a letter of approval from the Vietnam Immigration Department allowing you to board and enter Vietnam and you will get a Vietnam visa upon entering at the Vietnam international airport (NoiBai international airport in Hanoi Capital, Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh City and DaNang international airport in Danang City).
How to apply Vietnam visa for US citizens?
Applying for visa at Vietnam Embassy in US
In this way, visitors have to go to the Vietnam Embassy in US and apply for the Visa there. Here is 4 steps you should do to apply for a Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in US:
- Visit the Embassy website, and download and fill in the form.
- Contact the Embassy (with the details provided above) to make an appointment.
- Bring all required documents (see below).
- After 5 working days, return to the Embassy to collect your visa.
- Process time: it depends on you and how fast you need your visa. In many different cases, time will not be the same. For a clear answer, you should make a call to your agency or to Vietnam Embassy for details.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam Embassy in U.S. as below:
a. Vietnam Embassy in Washington D.C
- Address: No. 1233, 20th Street Northwest, Washington, DC
- Hours of operation: Embassy: Mon – Fri, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Consulate: Mon – Fri, 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Tel: (+1) 202 861 0737
- Consular emergency: (+1) 202 716 8666
- Fax: (+1) 202 861 0917
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (general information)/ email@example.com (consular affairs)
b. Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco
- Address: No. 1700 California Street, San Francisco, California
- Tel: (+1) 415 922 1577 | (+1) 415 922 1707
- Fax: (+1) 415 922 1848 | (+1) 415 922 1757
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Consulate General of Vietnam in Houston
- Address: No. 5251 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Tel: (+1) 713 850 1233 | (+1) 713 840 0096
- Fax: (+1) 713 840 0159 | (+1) 713 871 0312
d. Consulate General of Vietnam in New York
- Address: 866 United Nations Plaza, New York, New York
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Tel: (+1) 212 644 2535 | (+1) 212 644 0831
- Fax: (+1) 212 644 5732
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival
Foreigners in general and U.S. passport holders, in particular, can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival in Canada or any country, no matter where you are, because this type of visa can be applied online.
To apply for Vietnam visa, you just need to follow 3 simple steps below:
- Fill in apply Vietnam Visa form on website with your information such as full name, passport number, date of birth, gender, nationality, date of arrival, type of visa…
- Double check your information to make sure that all are correct, make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- Receive approval letter in working hours. We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
How does Vietnam visa for US citizens cost?
You must pay 2 fees when applying for Vietnam tourist visas: service fee and stamping fee. Depending on the type of visa and the completion process, there are different fees.
Service fee: is the fee paid for the website owner to process Vietnam visa approval letter for you, fast track, and private car pick-up.
Stamping fee: is the fee that is paid directly to Vietnam Immigration Officer in cash (in USD) at the Immigration Counter when arriving at the airport in Vietnam to have the visa stamped on the passport. And this amount is for Vietnam Government. You can pay directly by yourself with cash, or we will do it for you if you chose full package on the visa application form option.
- Before applying for a Vietnam Visa, the American ensures that the passport has at least 6-month-validity and left pages from travel date.
- Visa on arrival is only applicable for Americans traveling by air to Vietnam.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Alabama, California, Maryland, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Colorado or any cities in United States. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in the traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money-back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: email@example.com
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/.